Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Distracted By Making

Mostly what I am making is space.  Space has been made in closets, cabinets and the garage.  Who knew we had so much stuff we didn't need?

Socks have also been made:
A couple of shawls have been completed.  Rincewind:
It is warm, squishy, and as is common for me, green and purple.
The Vanessa Ives knit along also got completed, though it is still unblocked. I chose to add more beads instead of knitting nupps (which are decidedly not my favorite).  I even did the crocheted bind off, which took me a solid four days!

I really rather adore it, but probably won't have a chance to block it into it's full beauty till some time next year.
The other thing I am making is practical and in colors I like (and isn't solid green). It can also be picked up and put down easily between bouts of space-making.  The pattern is Uncomplicated by Alicia Plummer in KnitPicks Stroll in the Inverness colorway, the size I am knitting is causing the yarn to pool and stripe in interesting ways that are unexpected and entertaining.
Cupcakes were also made.

They were mini Boston cream pies.  The candy eyes were left over from Halloween, we couldn't possibly leave them to go stale could we?

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.