Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Attending to details

My yarn dyeing friend had handed me another two new colorways a little while ago.  These are Hummingbird and Snowy Forest:
And as she needed samples and I knit faster, I made sure she had them:

They were dropped off at Yarnivore, where her yarn is now being sold!  She's using a merino and silk base that even the people who worked behind the counter couldn't stop fondling, it's really lovely!

I've also almost completed the extras for my Halloween costume.  I decided my version of Poison Ivy (Dr. Pamela Isley) needed a little something on the lab coat:
The back is a tad more dramatic:
It's all hand-stitched, mostly back stitch (to keep things simpler).  The design is from Urban Threads, their Elven Court design pack (hand embroidery).  I also knit some rose hair pins to put in my hair, but haven't taken pictures of them yet.

The other fun detail I've been dealing with is my pile of works in progress.  What do I pack up? What do I carry with me?  How much can I finish before I have to decide?  Can I find some good vacuum seal type travel bags so I can carry more with me? 
Technically, I have two months to figure it all out...there's just a lot of other stuff that has to be done in that time frame too. 
I think I can finish the list of ten projects (all a solid half done already) before the official packing date. 
The problem is me, being calm, focused and rational about yarn and projects.  Sure...I can do that...maybe?

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.