Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Maybe I should have thought this through better...

In my defense, the move was not official when these all sounded like wonderful ideas.  Now it is...and I'm glad lace shawls (even in progress) pack fairly well.
I may have managed to sign up for five different knit alongs all starting in a two month time frame.  They are all some flavor of shawl, I may have a teeny addiction.  Two of them have a Halloween sort of theme.  The patterns were bought almost instantly in a haze of black and orange. They are the Voodoo kal by Boo Knits and the Vanessa Ives kal by bunnymuff (Penny Dreadful themed?!? Yes please!!!)  Yarn and beads have already been kitted up.
For the Voodoo kal, yes, just basic black.  I think it will be stunning.
For Vanessa Ives, a colorway called Gothic Rose from Dream in Color seemed absolutely perfect!
The third knit along is an ongoing one.  The Elements kal from Erica Jackofsky that I am loving the patterns from. Admittedly, Earth hasn't been started (I have the yarn), Water is still on the needles, but I have the yarn for Air!
The fourth one that starts in October, (and one of the three of the knit alongs that starts on the first) is Wandering Moon.  I don't have yarn for it yet, a warm gray with a sheen to it would be lovely!
And last but not least, is the knit along that I am currently knitting (and keeping up with); Mountain Trails by Leedra Scott.  The following picture is out of focus, unfinished and unblocked, so should not spoil things for anyone wishing to keep the finished item a surprise.
The pattern has been wonderful to knit!  The yarn is Hawthorne Fingering Kettle Dye from KnitPicks in the Conifer colorway.
I'm sure I will absolutely be able to finish all of these...while doing knitting for the trunk show the first week of October, some secret knitting, getting ready for Halloween, knitting up woolies for a winter where is actually gets cold and oh, yes moving at the end of the year. 
At some point, I will also remember that breathing, eating, and sleeping are not optional activities to pencil in when I have time.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.