Saturday, September 19, 2015

It was a knit wear kind of evening...

Last night we went out to dinner with friends.  One was a gentleman newly introduced to the idea of enthusiastic knitters.  I knew this in advance.  I dressed accordingly.
The top is the Date Night pullover.  The skirt is Intolerable Cruelty, (sorry no back shot, but I used black ribbon to lace the back of the skirt).  My purse was also hand knit, (black, felted, not very exciting)  with a shawlette tied to the handles should I catch a chill.  I was lamenting as we headed to the restaurant that I hadn't finished putting the hand knit mini roses on bobby pins to add to my hair.
At one point he asked if there were groups to help people like me; my response, delivered with a huge grin, "Yes, they are called yarn stores." 
He went home that evening under the impression I was crazy.  I am quite comfortable with the idea.

Definitely a successful evening.

1 comment:

Ummm, honey?? said...

Gorgeous outfit my dear!! Keep up the good work of adding a little crazy to the world! (in a good way)

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.