Monday, August 3, 2015

I finished another one...

Being short waisted(as well as not overly tall) and making this LivedIn with short sleeves probably helped.  I used Shine Worsted in Butter Pecan (discontinued ages ago) and Cream.  It doesn't look as lovely flat as it does on, but I haven't woven in ends or washed it yet so it's not ready for wearing.  When I did try it (as soon as it came off the needles) the loose gauge and very soft yarn gave it the look and feel of the perfect summer tee shirt.
I am almost to the point of separating for the sleeves on the third one on the needles and I pulled out a third Date Night that I had cast on and left to languish.  Darling Son creatively described my hoard of unfinished objects as an "armada of ufos"... I can't really argue.

Due to the high temperatures and high winds lately, my garden has been less productive than it was at the start of the season.  This was the average every few days:

Not a gob of produce, but it was consistent enough to forestall a run to the grocery store for about a week.   Now, with minimal blooms, there is minimal fruit and there is no "shopping the garden" for dinner.  I'm hoping once it cools off a bit they will start producing again.  I am missing fresh, sweet tomatoes warm from the vines tossed with cucumbers with actual flavor...till then, store bought it is.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.