Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Overly enthusiastic....and vaguely panicked

I have more things on the needles in progress than most people knit in a year.  This is not a problem for me usually.  I have never been a monogamous knitter in any real way. My enthusiasm for knit alongs this summer means I've added three shawls(plus a fourth one I've already finished) and a pair of socks to the list of things to complete soonest.
The socks are Bovary by General Hogbuffer in KnitPicks Chroma fingering weight in the colorway Lupine
I am loving both the colorway and the pattern! It's kind of eye-searingly bright, making it perfect for socks.
This shawl is the second in the Elemental series by Erica Jackofsky, Water:

The yarn is Cascade Heritage sock in the Marine colorway.
I'm also still working on the Naked Gardening knit along shawl in Malabrigo lace, Black Forest colorway. 
The beads are an iridescent taupe I had a couple of tubes of.
Lest you think I have forsworn my most favored color; here's the start of the Forest MKAL
It's another piece using Cascade Heritage sock, this time in Mossy Rock.
I even finished something!  This is LivedIn (minus the front purl stitch) in Comfy worsted in a limited edition colorway called Cabernet Heather.
It fits so wonderfully I already have more yarn for a second one on the way!

None of this is a problem...except, it looks like we will be moving at the end of the year (or thereabouts).   I will not be able to carry all my works in progress with me, as it's currently a pile two feet high and three feet across.  I already have minor separation anxiety over the thought of lack of access to my yarn stash for a minimum of two months. When first confronted with this idea, I made cookies that were supposed to look like cinnamon rolls, but overly warm dough made them roses instead.

Now, now I realize I need to start finishing as many things as possible...while getting everything else ready to pack.   I'm going to need more cookies!

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.