Saturday, January 17, 2015

Keeping Busy

I started the new year by rearranging my bedroom furniture. This was a great idea! Doing all the moving mostly by myself...not such a great idea. I spent the first few days of this week nursing various bruises and a sore back.  It did mean I stayed put and finished some knitting.
A large, snuggly blanket out of acrylic I bought on sale that washed up beautifully:
Yes, it's folded in half.  The pen is for scale.
I also finished the first of three Date Night tops by Nikol Lohr
I've tried it on, it fits perfectly!
I started the second one in emerald:

I finished a Dragon Leaf hat for myself, downloaded while it was temporarily free:

It's in Plymouth Encore Worsted in Meadows Heather.  Son saw my hat, tried on said hat, and then asked if I could make him one too.  He picked a lovely dark teal in the same yarn. It's barely cast on.
I'm also about three-quarters of the way through my Hitofude cardigan in Charlemont kettle-dye:
And last but not least! I cast on a sock that has been hiding in my stash, all kitted up and waiting to be knit. The Capitola socks! I have a skein of Sunshine Yarns Luxury Sport Superwash in Citrus Peel.
I am in love with the pattern and the yarn!  Which is bad in a way because it means I am not finishing shirts and things with a deadline. Happily, socks in sport weight yarn work up fast, so I shouldn't get too far behind my timetable.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.