Friday, November 7, 2014

So, Halloween was good


Children and adults alike were afraid to come up, even for candy.  One poor kid crossed the street to avoid our house.  The weather was clear and warm, so we had close to 200 trick or treaters. 
Then, the temperatures dropped 20 degrees and it rained for three days to announce Fall had finally arrived.  Now I am frantically trying to finish all the sweaters (and socks...and mitts and...) I cast on months ago knowing the weather would get cold again, eventually and that I would like handknits to keep me warm.  While trying to calmly plan for Thanksgiving at least a little bit in advance, without knowing how many people will actually be here for dinner (could be four, could be twice that).
It'll be fine. I just am going to have to figure out where to put the piles of knitting that are in the living room so people have someplace to sit.

No comments:

Started a new blog

  Oooh Shiny! is now on WordPress.  There isn't much there yet, but I will work on that.